Monday, April 11, 2005

More demolition

Spent the day orchestrating the demo of the 2nd floor. At this current rate demolition of the 2nd floor will be completed by the end of the week. Most of the time seems to be taken up in the removal of the trim/wood work. I am hopping to save & reuse a large portion of the woodwork, & so careful removal is taking a fair amount of time.

Today a large portion of the woodwork on a wall was hidden behind a 5' long steam radiator. Some guy Max met wanted it, but three of us couldn't even budge the thing, much less carry the thing down a flight of stairs. So I did the next best thing.

Beat it into manageable pieces with a sledge hammer.



Going.



Going..


Going...


Gone!

After an hour of hammering I hauled it off to the scrap recyclers, Whoooo hoooo! $15.50 for 620 pounds of scrap iron. Combine that with the old penny I found last week & I can buy a case of beer.

No comments: